If you’re throwing a party, it can be difficult to find a theme that will please everyone. Of course, on occasion, can it really hurt to consume unreasonable portions of chocolate when done for a special occasion such as Valentine’s Day, a birthday, or reaching the end of the workweek? A special chocolate themed party is the perfect way to indulge in this culinary necessity. And it’s something worth sharing with those you love because there are ingredients in chocolate that enhance our loving feelings, contributing to its reputation as an aphrodisiac.
A chocolate themed party is guaranteed to delight even the toughest crowd. And the best part is, it’s easier than pie!
Chocolate Themed Party Invitations
You’ll need chocolate-themed invitations to start. If you’re hand delivering them, buy chocolate bars and remove the wrappers to replace with your own. Fake chocolate bars also work if you plan on mailing them. At your local hardware store, buy several pieces of mostly flat baseboard and cut into pieces about the size of a candy bar (most hardware stores will cut them for you). Wrap them in aluminum foil. Your invitation should resemble a chocolate bar wrapper when it’s wrapped around the chocolate bar or baseboard. Wrap your invitation around your real or faux bar and affix with light glue or tape.
Chocolate Themed Party Decor
Decorate your buffet table with warm brown and cream-colored linens, mimicking the color palate of the culinary guest of honor. Fill tall vases with chocolate kisses as tastier alternatives to a floral centerpiece. Show “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory” either before during or after your chocolate feast to add to the visual indulgences.
Chocolate Themed Party Cocktails
Prepare your guests for the chocolate indulgences waiting to be enjoyed when you greet them at the door with chocolate martinis. If you’d like to offer an alternative chocolate cocktail that will add a jolt of energy to your party, serve Chocolate Hazelnut Espresso Martinis. You can pair wine and chocolate together for a delicious match made in heaven.
The “Main Course”
Because it’s all about chocolate!
- Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball – This chocolate chip cheese ball isn’t the traditional cheese ball, it’s sweet, not savory. Serve it with graham crackers or ginger snaps as a surprising start to your party.
- Chocolate Fondue – If you thought fondue was only for cheese, then you’ve been missing out. Warm melted chocolate simply begs to be dipped into, especially in the company of other chocolate lovers. Together you can gaze into the luscious pool of chocolate with a complete understanding that it’s the best-looking view in the house.
- Chocolate Sour Cream Layer Cake – Sometimes nothing else satisfies the chocolate craving but an old-fashioned layer cake. You can make this one two days in advance – but only if you can resist cutting into it before your party!
- Gourmet Chocolate Mascarpone Pie – The perfect dessert to round out any feast would be a Chocolate Mascarpone Pie. It’s not too sweet, not too savory, and there’s extra nutritional value in the mascarpone cheese! As if anybody cares.
- Cocoa Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie – With hints of wholesomeness contributed by the oatmeal, your guests can nibble on these cookies as they survey the other chocolate possibilities.
- Chocolate Waffles – Chocolate waffles provide the perfect platform for a chocolate ice cream sundae. Or, how about berries and whipped cream with chocolate syrup instead?
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries – This will add to the romance of your party if you offer a platter filled with this decadent way to serve fruit.
Hot Chocolate – Just in case your guests haven’t had enough chocolate yet, they can chase it down with a warm cup of hot chocolate. Want some more ideas? Clicke here for different hot chocolate variations to add to your party!
Red Velvet Hot Chocolate – Now you can enjoy the taste of your favorite cake in a steaming mug of sweet and delicious hot chocolate. This rich, creamy red velvet flavored hot chocolate drink has all the decadent deliciousness and exciting color of a red velvet cake. Best of all, it’s topped with a frosting-like cream cheese whipped cream!
White Chocolate Coffee – Give your guests a taste of the lighter side of chocolate in this hot chocolate coffee beverage.
Chocolate Themed Party Games & Activities
You should have at least one organized activity about halfway through. This will accelerate mingling just as it usually starts to die down. Hold chocolate-tasting contests or a wine and chocolate pairing to let guests decide their favorite combination. You can also play chocolate-themed trivia by asking your guests if they know certain fun facts about chocolate (which you can research online).
Chocolate Themed Party Favor Ideas
Create Cocoa Butter Massage Bars to send home with guests. As they use it to moisturize their skin, the hints of chocolate scent from the bar will remind them of your wonderful party. Or send each guest home with a box of high-quality chocolates. If you served a theme drink, write the recipe on an index card and place it inside each box. If it’s a small enough party, you may even have time to sneak away to write personalized thank you notes.